ORANGE LINE – LAQUER BASED PAINTS
Standard colours of RAF/RN search and rescue helicopters.
For many years military and civil search and rescue role on the UK waters was shared between RAF Search and Rescue Force (a successor to RAF Air Sea Rescue Services, renamed after 1986 when last RAF Marine Branch vessels were retired), the Royal Navy’s Fleet Air Arm and HM Coastguard. RAF SAR Force operated Westland Whirlwind HAR.2/4/10, Westland Wessex HAR.2 and Westland Sea King HAR.3/3A helicopters, while detachment to RAF Akrotiri in Cyprus also used Griffin HAR.2. The RAF Search and Rescue Force was disbanded in 2016 after transferring the SAR role to civilian contractor Bristow. Royal Navy’s Fleet Air Arm operated similar types for SAR duties – Whirlwind HAR.1/3/5/9, Wessex HAS.1/HU.5 and recently Sea King HAR.5/HU.5. Its Search and Rescue operations also ended in 2015 with above mentioned privatization of the entire service.
Contains the following colours (lacquer based paints, optimised for use with airbrush):
- HTK-C275 – BS Golden Yellow – BS381C:356, overall colour of RAF Search and Rescue Force Whirlwind HAR.2/4/10, Wessex HAR.2 and Sea King HAR.3/3A
- HTK-C144 – BS Dark Sea Grey – BS381C:638, overall colour of RAF SAR Wessex HAR.2 and Sea King HAR.3 that rotated between Falklands and UK bases
- HTK-C141 – BS Medium Sea Grey – BS381C:637, overall colour of RAF Cyprus Wessex HAR.2 (since 1993) and Griffin HAR.2. Also used on RN Sea King HAR.5/HU.5
- HTK-C284 – UN Blue – FS35250, used for tail bands of No. 84 Squadron RAF (RAF Akrotiri, Cyprus) Wessex HAR.2 and Griffin HAR.2 (due to UN duties)
- HTK-C145 – RAF Blue-Grey – BS381C:633, base colour of RN Wessex HAS.1 (early service) and HU.5 (late service), first with Dayglo Red, then with Post Office Red
- HTK-C146 – BS Olive Drab – BS381C:298, base colour of RN Wessex HAS.1 (late service) and HU.5 (early service, up to 1981), with Post Office Red nose and tail
- HTK-C268 – Luminous Red – Dayglo Red (also known as „the Docker Blaze”), used on nose and rear fuselage of RN SAR Wessex HAS.1 till early 1980s
- HTK-C291 – BS Cherry Red – BS381C:538, used on nose and rear fuselage of RN SAR Wessex HAS.1, HU.5 and Sea King HAR.5, HU.5 since early 1980s
suggested retail price (without VAT)
available in stores
Go to shop